A well-developed logistics project in an enterprise affects the effectiveness of not only the warehouse, but also of the manufacturing and distribution departments, as well as is substantially decisive in terms of the profitability of the entire business. Do you want to improve the performance of your company? See how to correctly prepare a logistics project.
What you can gain?
5 logistics project stages
We prepare a complex logistics project in our company based on five points:
- Quick audit (Quick Check)
- audit of logistics projects and getting acquainted with the current situation
- expert’s opinion on the current state of the warehouse
- proposal of warehouse processes’ optimisation
- Conceptual planning (Master Plan)
- analysis of the data on processes and orders
- preparation of two warehouse projects with justification
- estimation of the costs of implementing the warehouse optimisation plan
- Detailed planning (Detail Plan)
- detailed planning of the company’s logistics, including the requirements concerning the warehouse’s new organisation
- etailed description of the processes of functionality and automation
- WMS warehouse system design
- project parameters technical specification
- Project execution (Project Management)
- invitation for tender
- analysis of supplier submissions
- technical documentation verification
- commissioning supervision
- support in implementing warehouse automation
- Post-implementation support (Consulting)
- continuous auditing of logistics processes
- warehouse optimisation proposals
- shift management
- logistics consulting
Design your logistics properly
Effective planning starts with the correct structure and method of collecting data about the enterprise - quantitative information about the following:
- goods flow volumes
- transfer pieces
- intensity during a day or shift (order profile – day profile)
The development of the aforementioned data gives the ability to create a mathematical model to base further logistics planning on, choose adequate processes and check their financial effectiveness.
What to plan first – the process or building?
In general, the most optimal warehouse parameters are achieved when we take into account the flow processes and automation even before the facility construction plan. However, such situations are rare, in most cases we plan warehouse changes in an existing facility. Depending on the adopted form of enterprise expansion, process planning requires various approaches and is related to other decisions and problems:
- when building a new hall we have broader opportunities, however they have to be subjected to process needs,
- when leasing additional space we are limited by the parameters of available facilities,
- when expanding the current warehouse we have to secure the continuity of existing processes and compromise between the effectiveness and opportunities in the new space.
Does your company need warehouse optimisation? Contact us. We will choose the most beneficial solution for your enterprise and present the ROI (return on investment) time.