Logistics audit - expert’s opinion on the current logistics in the company
Logistics audit Quick Check is, in simple terms, an evaluation of the current state of logistics in the enterprise. At this stage, we collect all data that can be helpful in analysing the current state. These information include, among others, the following: product (weight, shape, dimensions, packaging format), employees (status of human resources), automation (current status, expansion opportunities and needs) and performance (areas in which performance is currently the lowest and the root of the problem).
Purposes of the logistics audit
Thanks to the audit, you will know the efficiency with which the logistics perform their tasks and whether you fully utilise your potential. Our auditors make an in-depth diagnosis of the logistics situation in your company and identify the most important problems and opportunities in the following areas:
- structure of orders (orders, supplies, flow processes)
- infrastructure (current state, expansion and automation opportunities)
- investment (opportunities of financing and distribution of investment resources among the key areas)
After conducting the aforementioned evaluation, the auditor is able to indicate the most optimal solution which will allow for more effective operation of the warehouse and, ultimately, of the entire enterprise.
Evaluation of the current warehouse state
The Quick Check audit is based mainly on the evaluation of the current state. Below we present several aspects required during the audit of the current warehouse state:
- Fitting diagnosis of the company’s logistics
- Identification of the logistics chain elements which require improvement
- Selection of technical or organisational means to conduct the optimisation of processes (warehouse, manufacturing, distribution processes)
- Checking the enterprise’s susceptibility to automation
- Analysis of key parameters which affect the decision-making on process automation planning (human resources, number of employees related to the warehouse process, order line criterion)
- Development of a reliable evaluation of the funding capabilities(ROI determination, conceptual planning)
- Discovering the potential savings as an increase in the effectiveness of processes
- Delivering the bases for making fitting business decisions
Warehouse audit results
The result of a Quick Check audit is a defined and justified need for warehouse optimisation. By using process mapping or stream analysis, we obtain a precise course of the warehouse’s logistics processes and are able to specify areas which urgently require improvement.
A logistics audit is the foundation for broad planning of logistics in an enterprise: a conceptual master plan and detail plan.
Are you interested in a logistics audit? Contact us. We will choose the most beneficial solution for your enterprise and present the ROI (return on investment) time.