Independent logistics consulting
As part of our services, we offer logistics consulting - professional support in making the correct decision in areas that are key for your company (manufacturing, warehouse, distribution), thanks to which we improve the effectiveness of the processes taking place in it. Independent logistics consulting is provided by a team of practitioners - engineers and consultants with multiple years of experience in project management, logistic processes planning and implementing warehouse automation solutions.
Complex consulting from A to Z
When is the right time to employ a logistics consultant? BEFORE the enterprise takes steps to optimise its warehouse. Why is that? A good analyst should firstly diagnose the problem and areas affected by it. It is only after the diagnosis that “treatment” starts, i.e. optimisation and improvement of the warehouse and its flow processes. For this reason, LL Services conducts complex logistics consulting in several steps:
- DIAGNOSIS - Quick Check logistics audit
The audit allows for getting acquainted with the current state of logistics, defines the flow processes, engagement of human resources and the existing problems.
- THERAPY - Master Plan + Detail Plan + Project Management
Master Plan is a conceptual plan of new logistics, taking into account the analysis of the current flow. In the Master Plan, we usually prepare 2-3 warehouse designs with justification of our choices and with preliminary estimation of the costs of implementation and exploitation.
Detail Plan is a detailed planning of the approved design version. At this stage, we describe the processes, functionalities and automation in detail. We present the WMS warehouse system design and the technical specification.
Project Management is the stage of execution and implementation. We announce tenders, analyse the submissions, verify the documentation and implement the warehouse automation.
- PREVENTION - logistics consulting
After implementing the new logistics in the warehouse, it is necessary to continuously monitor and audit the processes taking place in it. Logistics consulting helps in managing changes in the organisation and the human resources in the warehouse, and to quickly react to changes. Thanks to continuous supervision, it is possible to make optimised changes even before the first standstills or earlier unforeseeable problems occur.
Areas of logistics consulting in an enterprise
- warehouse and manufacturing - consulting in terms of goods flow and logistics;
- distribution network - consulting concerning the chain of supply and co-operation with the logistics operator;
- bottlenecks - identification of all areas that limit or slow down the logistics processes, thereby generating additional costs (logistics audit at the QUICK-CHECK stage);
- costs - support in optimising costs in the new warehouse planning process;
- human resources - help in optimising the consumption of means of labour, improving performance and effectiveness;
Logistics consulting is the preparation of coherent, effective and individually adapted solutions for the enterprise in order to improve its performance and optimise processes and costs.
Benefits resulting from logistics consulting
- obtaining an impartial, expert evaluation of the current state
- increase in the effectiveness of activities
- optimisation of the costs of logistics processes
- increase in warehouse performance
- reduction in the risk of making erroneous decisions
- increase in the team’s performance
- evaluation of the benefits of automated solutions
- achieving better control over the manufacturing and warehousing processes
- establishing a new direction of activities, focused on performance and profitability
Post-implementation logistics consulting
Through logistics consulting, we provide help to Enterprises in continuous process supervision, especially after implementing warehouse optimisation and automation. During individual meetings, experts - practitioners analyse the logistics data, make observations and talk with Customers about the problems that could not be predicted during the conceptual or detailed planning.
Logistics consulting includes the following:
- continuous auditing of logistics processes
- shift management
- quick solution of key problems
- individual optimisation proposals
Are you interested in logistics consulting? Contact us. We will select the most beneficial solution for your enterprise.